Competency Framework Development
Succession planning is a fantastic way to save money on high recruitment costs. This involves putting a proactive plan together to develop people in the organisation so they are ready fill positions as they become available, instead of going outside of the business to recruit someone new.
The main driver behind Succession Planning is to have a clear competency framework in place. The purpose of this is to identify the skills, knowledge and experience required for each of the roles in the organisation.
This makes it clear for people to see what skills are needed should they wish to be promoted, and helps them to develop themselves towards it. It also helps the organisation to see where there are gaps in the skills across all people than need to be filed.
You can use the framework to drive your training plans, training and recruitment budget and also it can help to understand why performance isn’t what it should be.
We can work with you to develop a competency framework for your business. We will interview people in each position to understand the skills necessary and produce the framework based on this and external benchmarking.
We can take this to a range of different stages:
- Simply provide you with the framework to complete yourself
- Interview or assess individuals, or build a development centre for you to understand the current level of people
- Add the outcomes of frameworks to role profiles (we can complete this work also if necessary. See role profiling here)
- Help you to build interviews or assessment centres to recruit against the right skills
- Recommend training and development activities to close the gaps that you have. Take a look at our Training Services Information page.
If you are ready to start succession planning now or would just like to talk to us further, please call us in the number at the top of the page or fill in the short form below. We’ll contact you as soon as we can.